IETester is embedding multiple versions of Internet Explorer rendering engine (called Trident) into one process.
Trident is an ActiveX control, thus a COM object, and can be embedded into any application.
IEtester is using this logic to embed engines, but hooks the COM functions to redirect calls to custom IE versions instead of the standard one installed on the OS.
Known problems and limitations :
* The Previous/Next buttons are not working properly
* Focus is not working properly
* Java applets are not working
* Flash is not working on IE6 instance in user mode : A solution is to launch IETester as admin user and Flash will work.
* CSS Filters are not working correctly in user mode : A solution is to launch IETester as admin user and CSS Filters will work.